Get to know Siena
During our leisurely stroll through the medieval streets of Siena, we will visit some of the loveliest and most important places in the city:
- The Cathedral and the Baptistry of Siena with the Piccolomini - library, exquisite frescoes and superb marble sculptures.
- Piazza Il Campo, where the well-known Palio horse race takes place twice a year.
- The City Council Palazzo Pubblico, one of the most important Gothic buildings in Italy, with numerous frescoes by great artists such as Vecchietta, Simone Martini and Sodoma.
- Piazza and Palazzo Salimbeni, home of the 500 year-old banking institution "Monte di Paschi di Siena"
- The church of San Domenico, including a chapel with a striking marble altar and the relics of St. Catherine of Siena.
|max. 2.5 hours
|165 € per group
|special conditions on request